What’s better than than talking to someone who’s absolutely infected by what they do? Who’s so deeply deeply passionate about it that you get pulled in and excited, too? There’s a real genuine sense of purpose, and importance that you get from people like that, they're locked into the journey for good or for bad-- they’re glued to that roller coaster no matter what.
That describes band manager, Pete Galli.
Pete manages bands and not just any bands but popular alternative bands like The Bravery, Andrew W. K, The Airborne Toxic Event, In the Valley Below. In case you haven’t heard of these performers, bands he manages have been on Conan O Brian, on Letterman, they’ve headlined at huge music festivals like Cochella, Lallapolooza, Austin City Limits— they’re Grammy Winning Artists who have opened for big acts like U2, Depeche Mode, and Green Day. The point is, Pete knows his stuff. He knows how to grow bands from Seedling to a Sequoia. And more than anything, he’s a driven, passionate, funny, and overall great guy.
Mentioned in this episode
- Some of the bands that Pete manages are The Bravery, Andrew W. K, The Airborne Toxic Event, and In the Valley Below
- Andrew W.K.'s show "Destroy Build Destroy” on Cartoon Network
- Airborne Toxic Event billows through the Greek Theatre
- Ableton: Music production
- A “muso" is a person who is obsessed with music.
- On Larry King: Rocker Andrew W.K. On New Music, Fraud Rumors, The 2016 Election, & ‘Bronies’
- The major 3 record labels
- One of the Few Remaining Apricot Orchards of Santa Clara Valley
- Pancreatic cancer to surpass breast cancer to become third leading cause of deaths in U.S.
- Meditation App Could Lead You to Life-Altering Inner Peace
- Masters of Habit: The Wisdom and Writing of Maya Angelou
- Steve Wozniak and his jammers