If you’re a BMW or automobile lover, you may have heard of Chris Bangle. At only 35, he was the man in charge of BMW design— so all models and brands from BMW, Mini and Rolls Royce— reported up to him— and his designs shook up the automotive industry for 17 years.
People still write and talk about it today. Today he has his own firm re-approaching design for all sorts of products from smartphones to alcohol bottles. We talked from his studio near Turin, Italy, about everything from self-driving cars to AI to how he’s designed starting his own company and growing it as an inspiration for his employees as well as the community around him.
I challenge any of you not to find inspiration listening to Chris in this episode. Chris has a unique way of painting amazing pictures and challenging the way we think of the world around us.
mentioned in this episode
- We Were All Wrong, Chris Bangle Was A Prophet
- AI: will the machines ever rise up?
- Controversial designer Chris Bangle leaves BMW
- Should Self-Driving Cars Have Drivers Ready To Take Over?
- Google Car Exposes Regulatory Divide on Computers as Drivers
- Do you remember the BMW GINA Concept?
- Life With The Dash Button: Good Design For Amazon, Bad Design For Everyone Else
- Super Bowl Ad: Check Out Kia Optima's 'Walken Closet'
- A new design from Chris Bangle, and it’s a cognac bottle!
- Kintsugi, The Japanese Art of Fixing Broken Pottery With Gold
- Book: Youngme Moon’s “Different”