This is one of the episodes I’ve been waiting to release— it’s with Agent Provocateur CEO Garry Hogarth and it was recorded a few months ago in his hotel, just after he came back from opening a new AP store in China.
But, while getting ready to finally put this episode out there, wouldn’t you know it, but I got a note from Garry that last week that he parted ways with the investors behind Agent Provocateur— the company that he turned around.
Frankly, it hit me pretty hard. While these chapter changes at companies are very common — in fact Garry and I talk about them in this episode— they’re also wildly, insanely emotional and hard. And they happen most commonly when investors are involved and are putting a very specific growth yardstick on the company. When someone like Garry takes a company from an unprofitable business, and grinds away to—against all odds— turn the sucker into something successful, well, then suddenly there are bags of money in everyone’s eyes and we all know how that can change things.
Anyway, while I’m not at all close the details of Agent Provocateur, I can vouch for the chapter of the company that Garry led. Every employee of his I’ve talked to, loves him. You’ll hear about it, yourself. Not just about Agent Provocateurbut about him and his own journey. He’s an amazing guy with an amazing track record.
mentioned in this episode
- Vivienne Westwood: 15 Facts You Didn’t Know (Part 1)
- Malcolm McLaren, Seminal Punk Figure, Dies at 64
- Joe Corré: scion of punk royalty set on halting the fracking revolution
- I'm appalled, Kate tells Agent Provocateur's underhand wife
- Paul Simonon: Clashing colours
- Joe Corre: Mister Fancy Pants fights back
- Agent Provocateur's “The Gangster” bra
- The story of leavers lace
- Talking lingerie with Penelope and Monica Cruz
- Tennis: Queens Club
- Nick Saviano Tennis
- Eugenie Bouchard Exits Knowing a Full Comeback Will Take Time
- It’s 1977, the men’s final and Borg is facing a home favorite ...
- Mansour Bahrami
- Blankets, the Original Viral Media
- Putin is the New Brezhnev
- Harrods Pets
- 13 Challenging 2016 Trends Luxury Brands Must Manage