There’s certain people you just can’t put a finger on. Those are perhaps my favorite people. They’re uncategorizable astral projections, so unique it feels like they almost have no derivative.
Tyler MacNiven is one of those people. Besides being a complete blast, he’s overflowing with life— so happy, so positive that you wonder if he’s really like that. (He is.)
If there’s anyone who has a view of the world, it’s Tyler. He’s been around the world many times, not only as part of the Amazing Race but starting in high school and many, many journeys since then.
He’s a guy always looking to engage at a human level-- with everything and everyone. Tyler’s completely unafraid of adventure and he’s focused on giving himself completely over to his journeys. Millions of Americans fell in love with him when he appeared on reality tv— and I think you’ll see exactly why, when you listen to this episode.
mentioned in this episode
- Hippies" BJ Averell and Tyler Macniven win 'The Amazing Race 9’
- BJ and Tyler's Amazing Race application video
- One of Tyler's movies: Wrestling Mongolia
- Book: The Long Walk
- Movie: The Way Back (movie version of book)
- Wrestling, archery and horse-racing: Mongolia's 'three manly games’
- WATCH: 'The Amazing Race' winner and fiancée star in epic Save the Date video
- An ‘Amazing Race’ down the aisle for cinematic couple
- Famous Bay Area high school alumni
- One of Tyler's movies: Kintaro Walks Japan
- One of Tyler's movies: I Ran Iran: a feel-good film project foiled by politics
- Iranian poet Sujatha Rangarajan
- Celebrating Yalda Night
- Semester at Sea
- Hugging Castro, Chapter 1